Call: 01873 856925 or 07751 666481
CARETAKER / JANITOR
Hours: 20 hours per week (flexibility required)
Core times: 08:45 a.m to 12:00pm Midday (flexibility essential)
Days: Monday to Friday with occasional weekends for events and private bookings
Hourly rate: National Living Wage - £8.21
Main duties: To ensure that the Centre (building and grounds) is a safe, clean and well-maintained environment suitable for a diversity of people and activities.
- Setting up rooms, including cleaning and maintenance as required
- Cleaning toilets and spot checks
- Sorting and cleaning bins (includes taking organic waste to composting area, as well as preparing general waste and all recycling for kerbside collections)
- Making daily/weekly checks to ensure that the centre is a safe environment and Health & Safety compliant
- Undertake a programme of maintenance actions and DIY activities
- Other duties as identified to support the centre manager and team to ensure the smooth running of the centre
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who supports the aims of the community centre.
Flexibility in terms of core times is required, as is the willingness to attend any relevant training required for the role.
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work independently, and in a team
- Enthusiasm for working with volunteers
- Good ‘all round’ practical DIY skills and computer literacy
* The successful applicant is required to undergo a police check (DBS)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS : 12 April 2019